3.06.2009

Spring's coming and the sap's a flowin'

I thought I knew just about all there was to know about planting seasons, harvest seasons, and mating seasons.  Not so.

As I was laying in bed last night trying to get some sleep in case I was called to substitute early in the morning, I was rudely disturbed from my pleasant reverie.  The noises I heard took me back to the days when I lay awake in my Ukrainian apartment listening to the pigs and chickens, but this time, the noise was geese.  Wooooowoooonk.  Woooowoooongk.

The noise was relentless and unattractive.  What the fuck?!  So, at about three in the morning I decided to do some research.  I googled "goose mating season".  Voila!  A goose's mating season is February-March.  

I was being kept up by fucking geese.  Not fair.


No comments: