3.30.2009

Purple Heart

I've always been one who values quality over quantity.  This is especially true of the people I choose to be around and befriend.  I truly believe I have some of the most intelligent, funny, talented, and compassionate friends around.  I feel lucky.  (This is a disclaimer for the following...)

This past weekend I visited C-bus for the Color: Purple show.  I always feel rejuvenated after spending time around my friends; this time included.  Even though the visit was brief, it energized me and made me feel at home.  However, it made me realize that C-bus is not the place for me anymore.  This takes nothing away from my friends, but reaffirmed that people come and go, but real friends are there for you no matter- even distance.  (I know, this is cliche, but cliches exist for a reason.)  I know I keep writing about "home" and "being in Detroit", blah blah blah, but it's a difficult thing for me to wrap my mind around.  I feel better about being here though after this last visit and I can't exactly figure out why, but some things are better felt than said. 

My life is slowly coming together here.  Hopefully in the coming months I can get a car, my own apartment, and thus, independence!  So if I could just transplant all my friends to D-troit, my life would be complete.  But, I'll be okay with a 3.5 hour drive every now and again too.

No comments: