2.25.2009

Ouroboric realization. minus the dogs

Sometimes it blows my mind that I actually lived in Ukraine.  I had these moments while I was still there where I would just look around and be like, "fuck, I live here.  This is my life."  It's pretty cool to think about.  I mean, not to sound all on my high horse, but it's pretty amazing.  Not anyone could or would do that.

Now I guess I'm struggling with the reality that I live in Detroit.  I'm kind of stuck here temporarily until I have enough money to relocate.  It's not terrible; it's not where I thought I'd be.  However, it is.  So, I think now that I have realized this, I need to realize my potential here and create a life here for myself.

It's strange to think that I feel like such a foreigner in this city.  It's where I spent the first 18 years of my life; 18 years underage and at a different place in my life.  I guess that's the discrepancy.  Now I find myself back at the beginning, coming full circle- like the ouroboros (top tattoo idea).  Even in Ukraine, I didn't feel like I do here.  There I had a role.  Here, well, I'm finding that.  Shit, when I lived in Columbus I was always seeing live music, friends, eating good food, going to art shows, having art shows, sitting in and drinking some wine, chilling on a porch, going for a bike ride, sitting in the park, getting lost, creating.  Here, I feel vacant of all things I love and live to be surrounded by.  So, all I'm saying is it's hard and weird and real. And new.

Which is good, right?  It's like, "fuck, I live here."

No comments: