11.30.2009

Love and Some Verses

I was hired to clean my friend's mom's house the other day.  As I was cleaning her house and getting annoyed by all the trinkets (pain in the ass to dust around), I realized that there must be a story behind all these tchotchkes (I hoped, anyway).  So when the woman came home I asked her about it.  She was so delighted to tell me the story of how she possessed all these knickknacks.

It got me thinking about how sentimental I am.  Nearly everything I own has a good story behind it.  I have no problem throwing shit away if it doesn't mean anything to me, but most of the things I own, I will have for the rest of my life.

Then my mind proceeded to music and why I love it so much.  I guess it's in part due to my sentimentality.  I'm in love with the idea of love.  I'd even call myself quixotic.  And I like music for its ability to convey all the emotions of love.  The joy.  The confusion.  The irrationality.  The hurt.

So here are some love songs.  Call me sentimental.

Iron and Wine- Love Vigilantes


Cat Power- Still in Love


CocoRosie- By Your Side


Lauryn Hill- Can't Take My Eyes Off of You


Lykke Li- Little Bit


Why?- Good Friday

No comments: